Friday, May 11, 2012

Guessing Minerals

Minerals Labs 


In this lab I learn how to identify minerals using their properties. Minerals has different characteristics.
Luster: It determines whether a mineral is Metallic or Non-Metallic .
Hardness: It shows the density of the mineral, which means if it's hard or soft.
Cleavage: When minerals break evenly.
Fracture: When minerals break unevenly.
Composition: Materials that are inside of a mineral. 









What did you enjoy most about this project and why?
I enjoy taking picture of the minerals and the materials. I also enjoy making video in Animoto, it was fun and I didn't have to write a lot.


What was most challenging for you during this project and why?
The most challenging thing was  putting the picture at the right spot and also fitting the words. It was difficult because I couldn't fit all the words that I wanted.


What new skills did you learn from doing this project? 
I learn how to identify minerals using their properties and I also learn more about animoto. Now I can upload picture and video faster.


Is there anything that you could have done to improve any of your work?
I could have done my video on Imovie , it would have been  more understanble.  I could use as many words as I wanted and people could understand the project better.

 

No comments:

Post a Comment