Wednesday, December 14, 2011

Permian Period

Summary: Permian Period longing from 280 to 248 millions years. It is Known as "The Age Of Amphibians". During that time there were many reptiles, invertebrates and marine animals. They dominated the most. Permian Period ended causing earth's mass biggest extinction. Scientists all have aspects on how this happened. One of the major one is because a change occured during  permian period and those organisms weren't able to adapt to their new evironment.



Reflection
1. What did you enjoy most about this project?
I enjoyed  researching for information about my topic because I've learned interesting fact about it. I also enjoyed  looking at pictures of animals from other period because there were all fabulous to me.


2. What was most challenging about this project? Why?
I would probably say the most challenging about it was findind picture of organisms from the oldest period. Since it's really old , I think they didn't give enough picture. It took more than two days to find an accurate picture of organisms from permian period. I had to look carefully because some of organisms given were from jurassic period.


3. What would you change about this project and why?
I didn't like the idea of having to write references for every website used because it's very complicated. It took most of my time and it was rare to find  all information in one specific website. I had to use many different websites in  order to find more picture and information.

4. What are the three things that you learned from this project?
The main thing I learned was geologic events of earth's history. For example I learned that Devonian period was known as "The Age of fish" because there were many different fish and there were most abundant. I learned that many extinctions occured and also organisms evolved from those organism that have gotten extinct. I also learned that mountains and volcanoes began to form at certain period.

1 comment: